Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hana Kimi 花樣少年少女

Second drama I watched one episode per week- the first was Smile Pasta, yeah? Remember? Anyway, after watching so much serious dramas, this one was very refreshing. It was like back in the ISWAK days, a laugh with every episode. When I saw the drama poster thingy (the one with Ella, Wu Zun and Jiro and Ella apparently nude but covered- you’ll get what I mean if you’ve seen it.) I was like; uh… what’s this… another The Rose? Being hypocritical here, but I really didn’t like the look of it. But of course Jiro was in it, so I had to take a look. >w< align="center">

After a few episodes, I got really, really addicted. Everything was Hana Kimi, Hana Kimi. I began to also really love Shiou-Yee (Jiro’s character). But, on the contrary, the more I watched Hana Kimi, the more I started to get annoyed (hate is too strong of a word…) at the two main characters. I like Ella, but I don’t like Rei Shi as much as I like Ella… But I despise Chuen the most. He’s a sissy puss. >_< align="center">

The way the drama was structured, in arcs, was quite refreshing. It was a lot more life-based, with all those ironic jokes. Haha. But I didn’t like how nobody found out she was a girl. It would’ve been much better for Shiou Yee. Poor Jiro always playing the sad characters. T_T Near the last few episodes, it was a little draggy, but the last episode was necessarily spiced up. With the 10¢ jokes. Haha, those were hilarious. I began to like that guy in the last episode, kind of wasteful. I liked how in the last episode every character, the more important ones, showed up again. It was like a memorial, yay everyone’s here, let’s celebrate- like that.


I also watched that New Years special for Summer x Summer and Hana Kimi. It was worth it, because they claimed it was the only New Years special Fahrenheit went to- ha. It was funny how Danson Tang took pictures of himself and they were in the digi-cam. I was like, guys actually do that? Summer x Summer always had snack breaks and their dog thing was a hot dog being waved around- yay, go Wu Shiong!



As it applies to ISWAK and Goong, the existence of Hana Kimi 2 has been clarified. I think it comes out in 2008. I’ll watch it, of course, it’s one of those things that if you don’t watch, you’ll feel left out. Not that I have anybody but my sister to discuss about these things. ;_; Nevertheless, awaiting the sequel I’ll be for now. Don’t work too hard Jiro!




1 comment:

blue skies, drifting clouds said...

i thought they weren't going to make a hana kimi II...