Sunday, March 25, 2007

Legend of Star Apple 星蘋果樂園

After Goong, I went through a stage where there was nothing I could find that was good to watch. Episode 1 after episode 1. I went through a lot of older dramas, until I came to this one, which had just ended, so I thought why not, let’s watch it.

This series was quite good at first; it started off fresh and original. After the arc where that kid showed up, everything started to look very familiar. Like a lot of dramas Ming Dao does, there’s a serious love square. Like in It Started with a Kiss, the love square wasn’t very serious, you knew Shiang Ching and Ah Jin weren’t for real and same with Zhe Shu and that other girl. But for these dramas, Magicians of Love, Prince turned to Frog, the four are dead serious. I really don’t like it when that happens, and it’s happened repeatedly so many times.
The relationship between ReRe’s friend and Tian Chi’s brother was just a filler kind of thing. In my mind, to give that guy from 183club (I don’t know his name) a role. No matter if he turned good or not, I still despise him.

The end was pretty sad. And OK, not what I thought it would end. I was waiting for a Magician’s of Love kind of ending. However, despite the originality, I hate to see ReRe turn very different. She turned in to an old lady, blind or not! But, unlike Love Contract, I did like the ending, because for one, they’re not dead, and two, there’s a whole future ahead of them. Yay!

The person who plays ReRe’s character is a new person in the circle. She sang both opening and ending songs. I think she has a lot of potential. I haven’t seen her around recently though. She used to go to Guess Show, but that was to promote her album. I hope I see her around again. Ming Dao did a pretty good job for his role. But 183 is kind of getting old. Their last drama together was Magician’s of Love, then Angel Lover had three of them. I really doubt they’re gonna continue on. Haha. Fahrenheit’s taking their place. Wang Shao Wei is weird though. What’s he planning -_-? He’s doing another drama with Chiao Chiao from Sweety. But, hm… 5566 and 183club? Back, back to Ming Dao, what’s he planning for 2007? Angel Lover was is last drama. On Kangxicome, it was funny how Joe Cheng made a comment that Ethan looks like Ming Dao. Haha! That was hilarious. I thought that too, when I first saw Ethan in Green Forest, My Home. Well, that’s about it. Spring break is over. >m<>

No comments: