Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Love Contract 愛情合約



This drama is quite hard to decide on. For one, its ending was horrid, but how the ending was different and special made it quite appealing. Also, I hate when dramas feel very lonely and desolate at the end. I hate how at the denouement, it seemed as if everything dropped and turned and everything was turned around. You can see how conservative I am, about how a story should be traditionally written. But, on another note, they did live happily ever after at the end, even though nothing was really solved. But you could also say that they reached understanding through love and forgiveness. Yes, this drama confused me quite a lot.
On to acting, this is the second drama I’ve seen that stars Ariel Lin. Again, her acting is flawless. Her portrayal of a tomboy is perfect yet, because of her nature, a bit of her girliness shows. After I found out that Love Contract was Mike He’s first big role in a drama, I forgave him for his acting. Very well done, for a model, but you have to admit, Ah Mong and Ah ken are exactly the same. Yes, Ah Ken is a little more gentle and artisty, but nevertheless, there is no difference.


This drama scared me a lot. I got the feeling of two lovers trapped in a world of misfortune and misunderstanding. The loneliness they felt scared me. –_- Like, at first there was so much people around, then the dad person ran away, Ah Ken’s mom died, Shiao Fong’s sister went away, photographer guy left. Then at the denouement, dun dun dun, Shiao Bai dies and Shiao Fong’s half dead. And for the rest of the last two episodes, it’s Ah Ken wandering around with Shiao Fong recalling all these events and it’s so sad. T-T That’s when you feel that sad loneliness down in the pit of your heart slowly rising… well, yeah, you get the point…
I’m falling behind on all these reviews. Gotta get writing…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree totally , this drama was really good, is a history very different from the normal ones but in the end only depressed me (a little), you are expressing perfectly what this drama makes you feel (or at least what I also felt) ^^... even so I would see it again because the love between Ken and Xiao Feng was so...without words...=D
I think I am a romantic ^^ and I love dramas. =P ^^