Sunday, March 25, 2007

Goong 宮




For this drama, it was like drop everything and watch. This drama was the reason I stopped watching Tokyo Juliet and Love Contract for a while. This is also the first KDrama I’ve watched, and like with everything else, I watched it subbed because there is no way I could’ve withstood the dub. I don’t think there even is a dub…yet.


This drama, like a lot of my other favourite ones had a strong theme. It was interesting to see modern and olden combined. Much like a lot of western films about Prince William and the such. Except Korea isn’t a constitutional monarchy so it took a while to happen.

What I also like about this drama is the relationship between Shin and Chae-Gyung. They know they have to work together, but also they know they might have lived an easier life without each other. This was in part because of Yul and Hyo-rin. Hyo-rin was a little better near the end, but god, it was her fault in the first place. I forgive her though, she sacrificed a lot. Yul, on the other hand, is not forgivable at all. Only Shin was through that innocent face. Hyo-rin maybe knew too, but she wasn’t about to gain anything if she did anything about it. Chae-Gyung was a little dumb and too kind to realize what Yul was doing. But one thing’s for sure, Chae-Gyung did not like Yul. Which is a relief, because if she did, I would’ve stopped watching the drama, like Green Forest, My Home. Back to topic, Yul just went too far. His mother half-died for their sins. But for some reason after the car accident, everyone else didn’t feel sorry for them, didn’t even mention them…


After awhile, Shin started to like Chae-Gyung. This is when Hyo-rin gave up. But dumb Chae-Gyung didn’t get it. Tisuku, tisuku. And Shin wasn’t smart enough to know what to do. Tisuku, tisuku. At least he tried his hardest. There was a part in the series when they totally could not talk to each other. It was very heart-breaking. Like, hurry up and realize! At the end of course, it was happily ever after, like all dramas should be. I guess the fact that the sister became the queen is a good thing. Chae-Gyung would not have been happy doing that. It was funny at the end, when Shin was all disappointed about the ring thing. Then the thing in the car and how she was just sitting there when he got in was hilarious. The ending was good, I guess, kind of a hanging open.


Way back to near the front, both Shin and Chae-Gyung’s friends were a good addition to the drama. Comic relief and also to create the scene. Haha, Yul had no friends. He was too busy colluding to have a friend other than his ma.
The adults in this drama were, to me, just another complication to entertain the audience. I don’t think it was that important. Well, maybe the Shin vs. Yul thing in Pae-Ha’s eyes. And the fact that Yul’s mom and Shin’s Dad had a past made Yul decide to end this and run away. The story would have gone on without it playing such a big part.
I think I despise Yul’s mom more than Yul. She was the base of all the evilness. And Hwang Hu Tae Hu mama was all clueless trying to make peace. Che, che.

It all worked out in the end anyways, so whatever… I hope there is a Goong 2. But how would it go on? I hope she doesn’t really have a child. All those foreshadowing pictures were just too much… But at the rate they’re going, I don’t think there’s going to be a Goong 2. It turned out the website DramaWiki was getting their info from was a fake, so there really is no progress. But, I did hear that Goong S is a failure, and everyone hates it. So they might make Goong 2 because their original idea was stupid. However, they might think nobody likes the Goong theme so they’ll give up on it all together. Which is bad. Anyhow, we’ll just have to be on the look out for more news on it. Heeh… this was such a good drama that I think no other Kdrama would be better than it. So I don’t think I’ll watch any other KDramas, just let the good reputation stay there.

1 comment:

blue skies, drifting clouds said...

Goong S bombed.
I've watched it and it was soooo stupid. :p